Wednesday 9 January 2008

cold cold cycle

Decided to go for a cycle tonight to give the legs a 'rest'. Big mistake! Intended to cycle from Otley out to Blubberhouses, along to Bolton Abbey and back through Ilkley to Otley. When I left, the weather was at worst inclement, but by the time I got to the moor behind Otley, it had taken a turn for the worse. It started to hail and sleet. I got very cold, not having suitable trousers, gloves (no thanks to Ontherun Sports who have been promising to send me the gloves I paid for and ordered over a month ago)and socks.

Got to Blubberhouses (8m) and then had to turn round and come home. By the time Otley came into sight, I was seriously cold. Back home now and thawing out ina down sleeping bag! Haven't been so cold for ages. Stupidly underdressed. Still loved it though!!

Here is my route:

No comments: