Monday 14 July 2008

'Soul' Music on the Lancashire Moors!

Tonight I had the great pleasure of meeting up with my friend John and meeting his two friends Richard and Anne. Although this has nothing to do with running (although Richard is an ultra runner in the making I think!) it is so refreshing to spend time with people who are passionate about the things they do. Richard, Anne and John play various instruments between them (hurdy gurdy, flute, whistle, bodhran, concertina, accordian ...) and they invited me over to try and tag along with my instrument of choice the guitar. Although I am by no means as proficient as these three, they were kind about my abilities and I really enjoyed playing along.

Today had been a difficult day and this evening was just what I needed. Thanks to all!

No comments: