Tuesday 2 December 2008

Snowy 7m

I was supposed to give blood tonight. I had it in my head that I could give blood, have a cup of tea, go for a light run and be fine in the morning. After a bit of internet research, it appears that would have been a rather foolish plan! It is recommended to leave exercise for at least 24 hours. I have also read that it may take up to a month for peak performance levels to be reached again. As I am racing in 2 weeks, I decided I would have to call off donating tonight and leave it until mid December instead.

So I was able to train at full intensity and ended up running an awesome 7m with the club in a few centimetres of fresh snow. 4 of us ran a hilly trail route in beautiful conditions...Would have gladly ran it again but decided that was probably enough time out running tonight!

No comments: